Wednesday, October 19, 2011

In Search Of.

A) I learned that Facebook’s ads are based on what we “like”. I found that very interesting and a little weird. I still think it is interesting that two people can search the same thing and get different sites.
B) This information makes me of all the different results that could have been up, but isn’t there. I think of what I can be missing out on. I also think of what other people might get if we search the same thing.
C) A new question I have is if you can stop the filter bubbles when you want to.
D) To improve the effectiveness of searches, I can use different words and different search engines. I can also put quotation marks around the phrase for a certain result I want to find.



While I was searching William Shakespeare, keeping in mind the "filter bubble", I noticed that most of the search engines I used showed the same results for websites.  Since I do use Wikipedia frequently, that was why it was the first result most of the time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment